Basement Remodeling in VA
Need more living space to your home, but not a whole addition?
Finishing your basement is an ideal way to increase your living space without major disruption of your everyday life—and it is typically less expensive than adding an addition onto your existing house.
Hambleton Construction can help you turn idle space into a place to relax and rejuvenate. We can rearrange walls, cut out new windows, install recessed lighting, and add an extra bedroom or bathroom.
Finished Basement Ideas
The first step to realizing your basement’s potential is to decide how you want to use the space.
Of course, you don’t have to choose just one option!
We can remodel your Virginia basement into one or any combination of these spaces:
Family room or recreation room
Home theater or media/entertainment space
When kids’ toys start taking over your décor, it’s time to build a playroom! Give the little ones their own space to play and imagine, while keeping the upper level tidy. When your kids get older, the room can be repurposed.
Impress your guests with a well-appointed suite. We can build extra bedrooms and baths in your finished basement, along with a mini-kitchen and other amenities, to indulge guests or long-term visitors. The bonus here is that you will no longer have to disrupt your routine to make room for company.
Home gym or studio space for dance or exercise
Save time and effort by getting your blood pumping at home! A finished basement can be a perfect spot for a home gym (with ellipticals, treadmills, stationary bikes, etc.), weight room, yoga space, or other exercise options.
Craft or hobby space
Home office or workspace
If you work from home, you know that in order to be productive, it’s crucial to have a workspace that is clearly delineated from your “home space.” Heading downstairs to your basement office might be the most effective way to create that line!
A bar, a mini-kitchen, and comfortable seating are just the start. We can customize your finished basement for game nights, big family get-togethers, informal wine-and-cheese parties—or whatever you wish!
How Long Does a Basement Remodel Take?
The length of a basement finishing project depends on several factors, including scope of the job, current state of the basement, availability of materials, and other variables.
When we give you your estimate, we will also give you an accurate range of when you can expect the basement to be completed.
Basement Remodeling Steps
There are typically three phases to a finished basement project, each with its own set of steps.
- Schedule the project and staffing
- Order materials
- Secure building permits
- Set up protection – The first day of your remodeling project, we set up dust protection and floor protection. We clean up at the end of EVERY day, making sure we leave your home as clean as possible.
- Frame the walls
- Install HVAC, plumbing, and electrical
- Put up drywall and texture the walls
- Install trim and other carpentry
- Install fixtures and lighting
- Put down carpeting or other flooring
- Install any other special trims
Why Choose Hambleton Construction for my Virginia Finished Basement Project?
- We won’t push you to make the sale. Once we’ve finished the estimate, we’ll present you with fair pricing for the project and options you want, and answer your questions honestly and directly. You won’t get pushy sales tactics from us. We want you to be well-informed and confident in your investment.
- We arrive on time. We make every effort to be at your home at our scheduled start time. If for any reason we think we might be late, we will contact you to let you know. Ongoing communication is very important to us.
- Our work is outstanding. We are in the remodeling business because we love it, and we are extremely proud of our work. Please take a look at our past projectsfor examples of our fine workmanship. We are happy to provide references.